Padiham

LocationInside Memorial Park, Padiham, just south-east of the entrance from Blackburn Road.
Side inscriptionGIVING THANKS ALWAYS FOR ALL THINGS EPH V.20
Side inscription
Front inscription
End inscription
MDFCTA number1185
Type and sizeSpecial trough/fountain design-15
Original locationAt the junction of Victoria Road and Burnley Road.
Date erectedSeptember 1888
CommentsGranite and fittings sent by rail to Sir Ughtrd Kay Shuttleworth 218.0.0. The design of this special trough/fountain is identical to another in Forest Gate and very similar to a structure in Halifax. The fountain was originally situated at the junction of Victoria Road and Burnley Road. Removed to Whitegate Park about 1937, then to Padiham pool in 1974.