Southfleet (moved to New Barn)

LocationEast side of Hook Green Road, south of the footpath that goes through Hook Place Farm. In an area of stables etc. that appear to be converted to offices.
Side inscriptionERECTED BY VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS
1887
Side inscription(unknown the trough is too close to a wall)
Front inscription
End inscription
MDFCTA number1159
Type and sizeTrough special 11ft (sic) granite
Original locationGravesend. London Road
Date erectedSeptember 1887
CommentsOriginally outside St. James Church, New Road, Gravesend. Two Fountains cattle and sheep trough. The cost defrayed by local subscription 98.0.0. Letter dated 9 November 1956 reports disposal to JJ Barker, Hook Place Farm, Southfleet, Kent. This is one of only two known troughs with 2 fountain heads, the other one is here. The MDFCTA records describe this trough as 6ft 6in in length but it is definitely 11ft. This trough has been moved to New Barn.