Gilwern

LocationAt the V on the corner of Abergavenny Road/Main Road and Crickhowell Road.
Side inscriptionERECTED IN MEMORY OF THE LATE
RICHARD FREDERICK CRAWSHAY
OF TY MAWR BY HIS WIDOW JULY 1908
Side inscription(unknown the trough is against a wall)
Front inscription
End inscription
MDFCTA number1765
Type and sizeTrough 1c 9ft 6in granite
Original locationBrecon. Aberbaiden
Date erected31 July 1908
CommentsTrough 9ft 6in long with cup and chain, at Gilwern. Cost 47.8.0. Paid for by Mrs Crawshay of Tymaur. Who was Richard Frederick Crawshay? Note that the dog trough that is normally under the cattle/horse trough was moved to the front for use as a sheep trough.