Monkseaton

LocationIn the V at the corner of Relton Terrace and Percy Terrace.
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN
& CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION
Side inscription
Front inscription
End inscriptionTHIS TROUGH WAS PRESENTED BY THE M.D.F.A
AND WAS ERECTED BY THE W & M.U.D.C.
AT THE COST OF THE LOCAL BRANCH OF
THE N & N.D.S.P.ANIMALS
JULY 1927
MDFCTA number2342
Type and sizeTrough 1d 9ft 6in granolithic
Original locationNorthumberland. Whitby & Monkseaton
Date erected4 May 1927
CommentsMonkseaton Village. The gift of the association. Mrs Grove Grady legacy. This trough was presented to the Whitley and Monkseaton Urban District Council by the MDFCTA (although the "Cattle Trough" has been omitted) and was erected at the current location. W & M.U.D.C. is an abbreviation of "Whitley & Monkseaton Urban District Council". N & N.D.S.P.ANIMALS is an abbreviation of "Northumberland & North Durham Society for the Protection of Animals". One of many troughs that bears an RSPCA inscription.