Edbrooke Road Gardens

LocationNorth-west corner of Edbrooke Road Gardens (south side of Edbrooke Road)
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN & CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN & CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION
Front inscriptionA RIGHTEOUS MAN
REGARDETH THE LIFE
OF HIS BEAST
End inscriptionTHE GIFT OF
ANNA MARIA WIFE OF
JOHN PEMBERTON HEYWOOD
WHO LIVED 40 YEARS
IN THIS PARISH AND DIED
MAY 9 1877
MDFCTA number0973 (originally 0690)
Type and sizeTrough 2a 18ft granite
Original locationPaddington. Harrow Road outside Paddington workhouse (originally Harrow Road outside a nursery).
Date erectedJanuary 1884 (originally August 1879)
CommentsThis trough was originally erected in August 1879, as MDCFTA number [0690], in Harrow Road outside Woodroffes (???) Nursery. 90.0.0. The gift of Mrs. Pemberton Heywood. It was removed April 1883 at the request of the vestry in consequence of new buildings close to it and re-erected, as MDFCTA number [0973], in Harrow Road outside the Paddington workhouse. Who was Mr. Pemberton Heywood? In June 1980 this trough was moved from Harrow Road to Edbrooke Road Gardens together with another 18ft trough from near Lords cricket ground. Does anyone know where the trough from Lords cricket ground was subsequently moved to?