Bletchley

LocationEast side of Aylesbury Road just north of the corner with Denmark Street. Outside the Bull & Butcher pub.
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN
& CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN
& CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION
Front inscription??? PRESENTED BY
LADY LEON
AUGUST 1913
End inscription??? PRESENTED BY
LADY LEON
AUGUST 1913
MDFCTA number1963 or 1964 (tentative)
Type and sizeTrough 1c 6ft 6in granite
Original locationBuckinghamshire. Bletchley
Date erected1 August 1913
CommentsPresented by the association per Lady Leon donation £5.0.0. Removed by council 1949. This trough and another [1963 and 1964] were moved to the Milton Keynes Museum. One trough was originally outside St. Martinís Church, the other was outside the Railway Station. It is not clear which one was moved back to Bletchley.