Staines

LocationNorth side, towards the east-end, of the pedestrianised section of Staines High Street.
Side inscription
Side inscription
Front inscriptionMETROPOLITAN
DRINKING FOUNTAIN & CATTLE TROUGH
ASSOCIATION
End inscriptionERECTED
BY PUBLIC SUBSCRIPTIONS
1883
MDFCTA number0928
Type and sizeSpecial trough/fountain design-60
Original locationStaines. Town Hall
Date erectedSeptember 1883
CommentsNear Staines Town Hall, 30.0.0. Cost defrayed by local subscription. Located in High Street in 2002 as part of the pedestrianisation scheme. From the 1950s to 2002 located in Moor Lane, Staines and prior to that in Market Square, Staines. Originally comprising a granite fountain, and separate dog trough and cattle trough. Bought with local subscription and ownership, transferred to Staines UDC in 1898. Structure no longer includes the dog trough.