LocationEast side of Queen Street at the intersection with Queen Square (a pedestrian section to the east of Queen Street). Just south of the roundabout with Withersfield Road.
Side inscription
Side inscription
Front inscription(on a metal plaque on the pavement next to the trough)
Donated by Lady Malcolm of Pottalloc
On 4th March, 1904
And originally sited at the Cangle Junction
Returned to the Town by Haverhill Town Council
With St. Edmundsbury Borough Council
On 10th March 1998
End inscription
MDFCTA number1608
Type and sizeTrough special circular design
Original locationSuffolk. Haverhill
Date erected3 March 1904
CommentsCircular horse trough. Junction of North & West roads by the station. The gift of the Right Hon. Lady Malcolm of Poltalloch of Barnardiston Hall. This is one example of a rare circular trough. This trough stood for years on the Cangle Junction, until it was removed for road junction improvements in the 1960's. In 1998 it returned to Haverhill.