Shrewsbury (now missing)
|Location||South-east corner of Smithfield Road and Roushill.|
|Side inscription||METROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN & CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION|
|Side inscription||ERECTED BY THE SHROPSHIRE BRANCH OF THE R.S.P.C.A 1913|
|MDFCTA number||1945 (originally 0756)|
|Type and size||Trough 2b 18ft granite|
|Original location||Shropshire. Shrewsbury (originally Marble Arch)|
|Date erected||16 April 1913 (originally March 1881)|
|Comments||Presented by the Shrewsbury branch of the RSPCA. £53.2.0. Structure was removed from Marble Arch.
This trough was originally erected, as MDFCTA number  at Marble Arch in March 1881 (as Tyburn No. 3) close to Bayswater Road. The gift of Mr. John Noble.
It was moved to Shrewsbury in 1913. Was the RSPCA inscription added at that time? This trough has been removed from Shrewsbury.
It was going to be re-erected at Bushy Park, near Teddington Gate, but hasn't appeared at the proposed new location yet. Does anyone known if this trough has been erected anywhere else in, or around, Bushy Park?|