Saint Olaves

LocationNorth side of Beccles Road slightly to the west of Herringfleet Road (on the opposite side of the road), just to the east of an un-named track that leads to (the remains of) St. Olave’s Priory.
Side inscription
Front inscription
End inscription
MDFCTA number2137
Type and sizeTrough 1d 9ft 6in granolithic
Original locationNorfolk. Yarmouth
Date erected22 March 1921
CommentsNorfolk & Norwich branch RSPCA. On the fishing wharf. Miss A.Goff legacy. The gift of the association. Mr. John Green, whose family firm had been demolishing the unwanted Fishwharf buildings, had been given the trough and had kept it safe. In 1986, when John and his wife, Rita, opened the Priory Farm Restaurant at St Olaves, the old Metropolitan Drinking Fountain and Cattle Trough Association relic was brought out of obscurity and filled with flowers to provide a colourful and historic welcome to diners. It forms part of the front wall on the main road.