|Location||West side of Station Road just south of the corner with Wilfred Place.|
|Side inscription||PRESENTED TO THE TOWN OF ??? (the inscription has been removed)|
IN MEMORY OF ONE WHO LOVED ANIMALS.
|Type and size||Trough 1d 9ft 6in granite|
|Original location||Leicestershire. Ashby-de-la-Zouch|
|Date erected||May 1893|
|Comments||Lansworth Road, Granite sent by rail cost defrayed by Miss Kidyer £50. Moved to Station Road. Who was Miss Kidyer? According to the curator of the Ashby museum the name of the town was removed from the inscription during WW2. Ashby was close to several PoW camps. After WW2 a metal plate with the name of the town was subsequently added but this has since been stolen.|