Fishmonger’s Arms

LocationWest side of Wood Green High Street just north of the corner with Trinity Road. Was outside a pub called the Fishmonger’s Arms which has been demolished and is now a Police Station.
Side inscription
Side inscription
End inscription
MDFCTA number1435
Type and sizeSpecial trough/fountain design-139
Original locationWood Green. Fishmonger’s Arms (originally Chiswick, corner of High Street and Heathfield Terrace)
Date erected1924 (originally March 1901)
CommentsThis special design cattle trough was originally erected in March 1901, as MDFCTA number [1435], at the corner of High Street and Heathfield Terrace, Chiswick. Erected by Mrs. Lawder-Eaton in memory of Cedric Lawder-Eaton who died in 1893. Cost £200. Removed owing to road alterations in 1924. In 1924, re-erected by association, with the same MDFCTA number [1435], at High Road by Trinity Road, Wood Green. Who was Mrs. Lawder-Eaton? Note that the word "METROPOLITAN" has been dropped from the Association's title on the inscription.