Thames Ditton

LocationIn centre of traffic island at the intersection of High Street, St. Leonards Road & Boyle Farm Road.
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN
DRINKING FOUNTAIN & CATTLE TROUGH
ASSOCIATION
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN
DRINKING FOUNTAIN & CATTLE TROUGH
ASSOCIATION
Front inscription
End inscription
Fountain inscriptionPRESENTED TO THE
PARISH OF THAMES DITTON BY
HANNIBAL SPEER ESQ
LORD OF THE MANOR
A.D. 1879
FREELY GIVEN GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED
MDFCTA number0667, 0668 and 0669
Type and sizeSpecial trough/fountain design-77
Original locationEsher & The Dittons. Thames Ditton
Date erectedJune 1879
CommentsThis structure is a combination of a drinking fountain, MDFCTA number [0667], with a cattle trough & sheep trough on one side, MDFCTA number [0668] and a cattle trough & sheep trough on the other side, MDFCTA number [0669]. The gift of Mr. H.Speer in Thames Ditton in centre of village, 35.0.0.