Tilbury

LocationIn the V between Dock Road and Calcutta Road.
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN
& CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION
Side inscription
Front inscription
End inscription
MDFCTA number2029
Type and sizeTrough 1d 9ft 6in
Original locationTilbury, Essex. Nr. Docks Station
Date erected3 August 1916
CommentsOriginal location was at the junction of Calcutta & Docks Road. For a period this trough was dismantled and stored at the back of the Thurrock district offices. In September 2010 it was returned to very close to its original location in a small ceremony led by the Mayor of Thurrock, Cllr Anne Cheale, and attended by MP Jackie Doyle-Price, councillors residents and children from a nearby schools.