Buckingham

LocationThe trough is on the west side of the pedestrian path on the south side of Cornwalls Meadow.
Side inscriptionERECTED BY THE
CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION LONDON
AND DONATIONS PER
MISS MOORSOM & MRS. G.RAIKES 1908
Side inscription
Front inscription
End inscription
MDFCTA number1756
Type and sizeTrough 1d 9ft 6in granite
Original locationBuckinghamshire. Buckingham
Date erected18 July 1908
CommentsNear sheep & cattle market at rear of old fair. Erected by association and local subscriptions from Miss Moorsom & Mrs G.Raikes RSPCA at a cost of 68.15.0. The trough was originally situated at the intersection of Station and Chandos Roads outside Buckingham Railway Station. It was moved by the then Mayor of Buckingham, Cllr Edna Dorothy Embleton during the 1970's to its present position. Note that the words "METROPOLITAN" and "DRINKING FOUNTAIN" have been dropped from the Association's title on the inscription.
Location-2The dog trough is just a few yards away.