Cuckfield

LocationNorth-East corner of South Street and the West section of Ockenden Lane.
Side inscriptionIN MEMORY OF
CAPTAIN C.W. SERGISON SCOTS GUARDS
AND MICHAEL DELAVAL SERGISON
ERECTED BY THEIR SISTER LADY GLANUSK
Side inscription
Front inscription
End inscription
MDFCTA number1938
Type and sizeTrough 1d 6ft 6in
Original locationSussex. Cuckfield
Date erected25 March 1913
CommentsThe gift of Lady Glanusk in memory of her brothers Captain Charles and Michael Sergison. Cost 64.14.0. Captain Charles Warden Sergison (25 November 1867, London - 20 January 1911, Cuckfield). Michael Delavel Sergison (1873, Cuckfield - 1888, Eton College). Editha Elma Sergison (1871, Cuckfield - 19 April 1938). She married Joseph Henry Russell Bailey, 2nd Baron Glanusk, son of Sir Joseph Russell Bailey, 1st Baron Glanusk, on 6 August 1890. All three were children of Major Warden Sergison (13 July 1835 - 16 July 1888). Captain Sergison, retiring after fifteen years in the army, was made a J.P. and Chairman of the Cuckfield Urban District Council. He settled in the new Slaugham Place in 1902 and leased Cuckfield Park to Mr. Louis Breitmeyer, a benefactor to the village.