Waddon

LocationAt the V of the junction between Stafford Road and Epsom Road (outside the Waddon pub).
Side inscriptionPRESENTED BY THE
METROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN
& CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION
Side inscription
Front inscription
End inscription
MDFCTA number1568 (originally 0943)
Type and sizeTrough 1a 9ft 6in (sic) granite
Original locationCroydon. Epsom Road by Waddon station (originally Battersea Park Road outside Duchess of York)
Date erectedJune 1903 (originally December 1883)
CommentsThis trough was originally erected, as MDFCTA number [0943], at Battersea Park Road outside the Duchess of York pub in December 1883. Cost defrayed by Messrs Watney. In 1903 it was removed and refixed at Waddon Station, Croydon, as MDFCTA number [1568]. Given by MDF&CTA. Relocated from Battersea Park Road. The MDFCTA records for this trough are confusing. Thew record for Battersea Park Road describes it as 1a with no size. The record for Waddon describes it as 1a 18ft. It is definitely 9ft 6in long.