Thornton Heath

LocationEast side of island (most northerly of two islands) in the middle of Parchmore Road just north of the junction with Brigstock Road.
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN
DRINKING FOUNTAIN & CATTLE TROUGH
ASSOCIATION
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN
DRINKING FOUNTAIN & CATTLE TROUGH
ASSOCIATION
Front inscription
End inscriptionMISS ELLEN REARDONíS
BEQUEST
IN MEMORY OF HER
FATHER, MOTHER AND SISTER
DANIEL, ELIZABETH AND MARGARET
REARDON 1880
MDFCTA number0812
Type and sizeTrough 1d 9ft 6in granite
Original locationCroydon. Parchmore Road
Date erectedFebruary 1882
CommentsCherry Orchard Road No. 4. Originally at Upper Addiscombe Road. A Reardon Memorial with inscription. Removed owing to widening of road 1909. Re-erected at corner of Spring Lane & Long Lane 1910. During November 1930 it was removed and stored at council depot as the trough was dangerous to traffic. Re-erected at Parchmore Road in 1931. This trough is one of many Reardon Memorials.