Kennington Cross

LocationOn the north side of the traffic island (Kennington Cross) between Kennnington Road and Kennington Lane.
Side inscriptionMETROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN
& CATTLE TROUGH ASSOCIATION
Side inscription
Front inscription
End inscriptionTHE GIFT OF
TWO SISTERS
AT
LEYTONSTONE E.
MDFCTA number2557 (originally 2000)
Type and sizeTrough 1c 6ft 6in granite
Original locationLambeth. Kennington Lane (originally Croydon. Addiscombe Road at junction Shirley Road)
Date erected20 March 1933 (originally 15 August 1914)
CommentsThis trough was originally erected on 15 August 1914, as MDCFTA number [2000], in Croydon, Addiscombe Road at junction Shirley Road. The gift of association cost 34.0.0. In March 1930 it was taken down and stored in councils Depot because it was dangerous to traffic. Collected and stored by Stuarts 8 Novemeber 1930. On 20 March 1933 it was re-erected, as MDFCTA number [2557], in Kennington Lane. The gift of Misses Hughes Leytonstone.