|Location||Corner of The Quadrant/Terrace Road and Spring Gardens.|
|Inscription||WHOSOEVER WILL LET HIM TAKE THE WATER OF LIFE FREELY|
|Inscription on a plaque||THE TAYLOR WELL|
Also known as the Children's Well and
originally sited in Bridge Street.
It was presented to the town in 1886 by
Joseph W Taylor, solicitor
and founder of Trinity Church.
It was re-instated on this site in December 2001 by
High Peak Borough Council
with the support of
Miss Janet (Jessie) Taylor
and the Buxton group.
|Type and size||Design-124|
|Comments||Although this fountain resembles an MDFCTA Design-124 drinking fountain there is no record of any fountain installed in Buxton. Was the fountain moved to Buxton from elsewhere during December 2001?|