Pollards Hill

LocationNorth-west corner of Pollards Hill
InscriptionTHIS FOUNTAIN WAS ERECTED BY
A FEW BURGESSES AND FRIENDS
AS A TOKEN OF APPRECIATION
OF THE MUIFICENT GIFT OF
POLLARDS HILL
AS AN OPEN SPACE TO THE
BOROUGH OF CROYDON
BY
SIR FREDK T. EDRIDGE D.L. J.P.
LADY EDRIDGE
JULY 1913
MDFCTA number1960
Type and sizeDrinking fountain design 146 modified, fine axed polished granite.
Original locationPollards Hill
Date erected10 July 1913
CommentsFine axed granite polished. Erected by Whiteheads on prepared foundations. Erected by local subscription 180.0.0. Association paid 5.0.0. Sir Frederick Edridge was a former Mayor of Croydon. In 1913 he gave the site of Pollards Hill to Croydon Corporation to be used as public open space.