St. James's Church, Piccadilly

LocationOn the south side of Piccadilly on the wall of St. Jamesís church-yard opposite Swallow Street.
InscriptionIN MEMORIAM
ROSETTA SOTHERAN
DIED
JULY 5TH 1892
MDFCTA number1284
Type and sizeFountain and dog trough, design-44
Original locationPiccadilly No 2. In wall of St James Church
Date erectedMarch 1893
CommentsThe gift of H Sotheran Esq £42.0.0. This fountain is just to the east of another and one of several Design-44 drinking fountains. On 10th October 1940 St. James's church was badly damaged by bombing. Only the section of the wall holding the drinking fountains survived.