Carter Lane

LocationOn the east end of Carter Lane on the south side of St. Paulís Churchyard.
InscriptionTHE ST. LAWRENCE & MARY MAGDALENE
DRINKING FOUNTAIN
COMMISSIONED BY THE UNITED PARISHES OF
ST. LAWRENCE JEWRY & ST. MARY MAGDALENE
ORIGINALLY LOCATED IN THE GUILDHALL YARD
OUTSIDE THE CHURCH OF ST. LAWRENCE JEWRY FROM 1866 TO 1970
DESIGNED BY ARCHITECT JOHN ROBINSON AND SCULPTOR JOSEPH DURHAM
RESTORED AND RELOCATED TO HERE IN 2010
MDFCTA number0003
Type and sizeFountain and dog trough, stone
Original locationGuildhall Yard
Date erectedMay 1866
CommentsOriginally erected in 1866 outside the church of St Lawrence Jewry for a cost of £730.0.0. Transferred to the care of the Association during erection.