St. Botolph’s, Aldgate

LocationOn the north side of the west end of Aldgate High Street. In the railings of St. Botolph’s church.
Inscription1906
InscriptionMETROPOLITAN DRINKING FOUNTAIN ASSOCIATION
ERECTED BY PERMISSION
OF THE VICAR & CHURCHWARDENS
InscriptionIN HONOURED MEMORY
OF
FREDERIC DAVID MOCATTA
IN RECOGNITION OF
A BENEVOLENT LIFE
JAN 16TH 1905
MDFCTA number1697
Type and sizeLarge mural fountain. Polished granite, stone and marble. Bronze plate.
Original locationAldgate Church Buildings
Date erected2 May 1906
CommentsErected by the association. Cost £110.0.0. Inscribed: In honoured memory of Frederick David Mocatta in recognition of a benevolent life January 16th 1905.