Ealing Common

LocationOn the north edge of Ealing Common
InscriptionTHIS FOUNTAIN
AND ADJOINING TROUGHS
WERE ERECTED BY
LOCAL SUBSCRIPTIONS IN 1878
BY THE
METROPOLITAN
DRINKING FOUNTAIN
AND CATTLE TROUGH
ASSOCIATION
Inscription(modern metal plaque)
This Public Drinking
Fountain was erected by
the Metropolitan
Water Fountains (sic)
Association in 1878
and was restored
by the Ealing Common
Ward Forum in 2013.
MDFCTA number0530
Type and sizeFountain design-29
Original locationEaling Common near Hanger Lane
Date erectedNovember 1868 (?)
CommentsCost of granite defrayed by local subscription as a memorial to Mrs Climpton. The Association paid 100.0.0. The two cattle troughs erected next to this fountain were removed (when?). [Is the year of erection a typo in the MDFCTA records?] This is one of several Design-29 drinking fountains.