St. Mary Abbot’s hospital

LocationOn the east side of Marloes Road on the wall of St. Mary Abbot’s hospital (now a private estate) opposite Stratford Road.
Inscription1893
InscriptionLORD FROM THY BLESSED THRONE
THE GRIEFS OF EARTH LOOK UPON
GOD BLESS THE POOR!
TEACH THEM TRUE LIBERTY
MAKE THEM FROM STRONG DRINK FREE
LET THEIR HOMES HAPPY BE
GOD BLESS THE POOR.
MDFCTA number1311 (tentative)
Type and sizeFountain special design, stone.
Original locationIn wall of Infirmary Marloes Road, Kensington.
Date erectedFebruary 1894
CommentsTransferred to care of associaion at time of erection. The association not responsible for repairs to stonework. Replaced by a Bubble Fountain May 1935. This almost agrees with a structure in the MDFCTA records but there is no inscription to confirm. The date in the inscription slightly disagrees but it could be the date it was taken over in the case of the association.