|Location||East side of the north end of Blackfriars Bridge|
SAML GURNEY ESQ M.P.
|MDFCTA number||0006 & 1847|
|Type and size||Fountain and dog trough design 113, granite and bronze|
|Original location||West of Royal Exchange (moved to Blackfriars Bridge in 1911)|
|Date erected||July 1861 (moved to Blackfriars Bridge 9 March 1911)|
|Comments||The gift of Mr. S. Gurney MP July 1861. Cost £400.0.0. Removed during the construction of the Central London Railway Station and re-erected 1900. Removed in 1911 to Blackfriars Bridge. In 1987 two copies were made of the bronze figure "Temperance". One to Wolfson College Cambridge; the other to To J.E. Mills Chairman of the Drinking Fountain Association.|