Esher

LocationEast side of Esher High Street just south of the corner with Claremont Lane.
InscriptionPRESENTED TO THE PARISH
OF
ESHER
BY HER MAJESTY
QUEEN VICTORIA
1877
On a metal plaqueTHIS FOUNTAIN OCCUPIES THE
SITE OF A PUMP GIVEN TO THE
VILLAGE BY THE MUNIFICENCE
OF H.R.H. THE COMTE DE PARIS
ON HIS MARRIAGE WITH THE
INFANTA OF SPAIN, A.D. 1864.
IN THE YEAR 1876, THE WATER
SUPPLIED BY THE PUMP WAS
DECLARED BY THE SANITARY
AUTHORITY TO BE IMPURE, AND
UNFIT FOR USE, AND THE PUMP
WAS SUBSEQUENTLY REMOVED.
MDFCTA number0586
Type and sizeFountain design-68, granite
Original locationOpposite the Bear, Esher
Date erectedAugust 1877
CommentsCost 120.0.0. The gift of H.M. Queen Victoria. Handed over to Esher U.D.C. 15-July-1898. The fountain is close to this cattle trough.