Limehouse

LocationOn the north side of Commercial Road under the disused railway bridge just to the west of Lowell Street.
InscriptionTHIS
FOUNTAIN & CATTLE TROUGH
ARE ERECTED
AS AN AFFECTIONATE TRIBUTE
TO THE MEMORY OF
THOMAS & DANIEL BARRETT
FORMERLY OF STEPNEY GATE
& THREE COLT ST. LIMEHOUSE
BY THEIR SISTER
HARRIET
1886
MDFCTA number1057
Type and sizeFountain special design, granite
Original locationNorth side of Commercial Road
Date erectedFebruary 1886
CommentsLowell Street No 1. The gift of Miss Barrett 135.0.0. Unfortunately the 9ft 6in cattle trough [1058], erected in February 1886 at the same location, also the gift of Miss Barrett (for 40.0.0) has been lost.